Guess who’s 29 today?? ME!
I’ve never been one to care about my birthday because a) I don’t feel like I did anything special to be born on this particular day and b) I do not like attention (hard to believe from someone who posts pictures of herself on the internet every day but it’s absolutely true), but this past year brought major changes to my life and I’m happy about where I am at this point. To celebrate, I thought it would be fun to share 29 things about me (thanks for the great idea B Loved Boston!). If you know me offline, you know that I literally never talk about myself or share personal details so this is a rarity for sure!
Okay EEK, here I go!
- I have a bachelor’s degree in marketing and a minor in event management.
- I work full time as a Communications Manager in the HR space.
- I have been involved with Midwest Fashion Week as a writer since 2008 and have even been published in local magazines a few times.
- Fall is my favorite time of year (although spring is growing on me!)
- My favorite Starbucks drink is an unsweetened green iced tea.
- I’m a huge introvert. In fact, I have the most rare MBTI personality type – INFJ. That makes me literally one in a million (and also really weird), ha!
- Music gives me life! I love finding new songs that speak to whatever is going on at the time. I love all kinds of music but tend to listen to Indie most often these days - here's what's on my playlist currently!
- I have two black cats, Astro and Buddy, but dream of having a German Shepherd one day.
- I LOVE Mexican food...I think I could eat it every. single. day.
- I’ve never been out of the country (and don’t even have a passport) but I hope to go somewhere someday, ha!
- I am terrified of bees. Enough said!
- I have one sibling - an older brother. We’re 6 years apart.
- My dream job is to work for a fashion magazine.
- My two favorite pieces of clothing are jackets and booties. I’m obsessed! Did I mention that Fall is my favorite season?? :)
- I’m newly single (for the first time since I was a teenager, yikes!) and figuring out life all on my own – it’s a whole new world!
- My favorite TV shows are FRIENDS and Seinfeld – seriously, I know nearly all of the words to every episode.
- I took 10 years of dance and 5 years of cheerleading and tumbling when I was younger but have never played a sport in my life.
- I love when it rains! Of course the sunshine is great too but I like a good rainy day every now and then. I love to watch it, listen to it and I even love the smell. Fun fact of the day: that smell is called petrichor. Just something I know. :)
- I drive a Ford Escape that I’ve had forever (fancy, huh?) but hope to trade it in soon - I’ve always wanted a Jeep!
- My favorite movie is Pride & Prejudice (the version with Keira Knightley, of course).
- I love animals and am known to cry when I go in a pet store because the adoptable pets make me sad. I want them ALL!!
- I’m a creature of habit but I’d love to start being more spontaneous. Switch it up a bit!
- Working out is my happy place – running, cycling, weights, yoga – I love it all!
- What I want most right now is to go on a beach vacation. It’s been three long years since I last saw the ocean and that is just sad.
- I have an obsession with donuts (remember this post?)! Not necessarily eating the actual pastry (give me a cupcake aaaaany day!) but things with donuts printed on them - I just think they’re sooo adorable and fun!
- I consider my style to be as eclectic as my personality - I can wear girly pink and bows one day, bohemian hippie-dippie another day, and edgy ripped black denim with a leather jacket the next day and feel completely comfortable in all of it! I firmly believe that my style is a direct reflection of my mood – you are what you wear!
- Nail polish hates me! Unfortunately, nail polish (of ANY kind) does not adhere to my nails and typically chips within hours. Base coat, top coat, expensive polish, cheap polish, gel polish, nail strengthener, biotin - doesn’t matter, nothing works. If I can get polish to last two full days, I consider it an absolute miracle!
- If I could live in any setting, it would be the woods. Remember the Cullen family’s home in the Twilight movies? That is my dream home for sure and I’m fairly certain that the Pacific Northwest is where I need to be.
- I always, always, always make wishes at 11:11.
Thanks in advance to the two people who will actually read this mess, haha! If you’re wondering how I’ll spend my birthday weekend, I’ll likely be chugging a bottle of Pepto and freaking out over the fact that this is the last year in my 20s. Better make it count!! :)
P.S. You’ll see more of this outfit on the blog next week – I’m wearing the cah-utest, softest and best-fitting overalls ever. Can’t wait to share more with you!
Linking Up With: Jo Lynne Shane | Birdie Shoots | Jeans & A Teacup | Adri Lately | Fashion Should Be Fun | Style Diary by Osy | Forage Fashion | Lifestyle by Joules | Meet @ the Barre | Style Elixir | Jaymie Ashcraft | Rachel the Hat | Twenties Girl Style | The Red Closet Diary | Claire Justine | Lizzie in Lace |