Everyone has seen those videos on YouTube where a normal, plain looking girl is transformed into the likes of supermodel. You know the ones I'm talking about–full lips, lashes for days, contour on point. This transformation is amazing, but I'm not really in the market for 70 layers of makeup and a 45 minute beauty routine every day. Who's with me?
I will be the first one to tell you that I have some insecurities when it comes to my skin, #thankspsoriais. Some days I'm super red and patchy, other days my skin is okay, but I definitely make sure to back up my makeup routine with excellent skincare which is the best foundation for beautiful skin. Here is a roundup of some of my current favorites:
- Too Faced Born this Way Foundation in Warm Nude: Seriously life changing. This creates a flawless canvas for your to contour and really helps cover any patchy redness I may have. It also is packed with coconut water to replenish moisture levels; alpine rose to brighten and promote elasticity; and hyaluronic acid for a smoother appearance. #yesplease
- Bobbi Brown Full Coverage Face Brush: I thought I had a good foundation brush until I was introduced to this baby. The bristles are soft and packed tightly to give you a great full coverage look.
- Too Faced Soleil Matte Bronzer in Medium to Deep: This seriously smells like chocolate and the acts as the perfect matte bronzer for contouring.
- Tarte Bamboo Contour Brush: This double-ended wonder is used with my bronzer for contouring purposes. I know other bloggers recommend the NARS contouring brush, but this guy is my personal favorite. The two ends make sculpting and blending SO easy.
- NARS Blush in Orgasm: If the name alone doesn't drag you in, the peachy-pink shimmer will. I've found that this hue is universally flattering on all skin shades so that's a definite win!
- Too Face Candlelight Glow Highlight Powder: This is hands down one of the best highlighters I've used. Totally illuminating!
- Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder: I used to think this was a completely unnecessary step, but a setting powder really helps set your makeup and finish off that flawless look. Give this one a while, you'll thank me later.
- NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Via Veneto: This eyeliner goes on smooth and is definitely a long wear liner!
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara: The right mascara and totally finish off your eyes and create sultry, full lashes without wearies falsies and this mascara does the trick. It's a bit pricey but you'll love it, I promise.
What's your makeup routine look like? Have any favorite products you'd like to share?
Linking up with: Living in Color Style | Northwest Blonde | Stylin in St Louis | Doused in Pink | Curly Crafty Mom | Threads for Thomas | Sincerely Jenna Marie | A Labour of Life | Eastcoast Nat | Mix & Match Fashion | Penniless Socialite | The Tiny Heart | Twenties Girl Style | September Farm | Adri Lately | Fashion Should Be Fun | Forage Fashion | Tab & Erika | Birdie Shoots | Lena B Actually | Momfesionals | North Carolina Charm | The Closet by Christie | XOXO Rebecca | Meet at the Barre | Style Elixir | Two Thirty Five Designs | Jaymie Ashcraft | Rachel the Hat | Jeans & A Teacup |