If you're anything like us, you're already itching for your skin's summertime glow. Unfortunately for us, its frowned upon to lay out during work, so we turn to the next best thing to achieve a bronzed look–sunless tanners. We know what you're thinking. Probably something along the lines of, "We said summer glow, not radioactive orange." We're right there with you sisters, which is why when we were contacted by Cocoa Brown, we did our research and were more than happy to try out their 1 Hour Tan Mousse.
Cocoa Brown was launched by Marissa Carter in November of 2012 and is the number one selling line in Ireland and the UK. The line has recently hopped over the pond and is making its debut in the U.S., too! Let's just say, these two formerly pale girls couldn't be more excited. We have fallen in love with everything about this line–from its fast developing tan to easy application, quick drying formula and yummy floral fragrance, this sunless tanner is a must-have!
We think our results definitely speak for themselves:
Tips for Achieving a Bronzed Glow
- Scrub-a-dub: Use a sugar or salt scrub to thoroughly slough off dead skin and prep your skin for its summer glow.
- Skip the Lotion Prior to Application: Normally we'd reach for a lotion to moisturize after showering, but skip this step until after you tan has developed.
- Use the Mitt: We can't stress enough how easy it was to use the Cocoa Brown mitt! This thing was awesome and allowed us to rub the tanning mousse in evenly. Double bonus for not having orange palms at the end, too!
- Check out Your Glow: The directions say to watch as your tan develops over a one to three hour time period. We ended up leaving it on overnight and showering in the morning and found that we had the perfect sun-kissed glow.
- Hydrate like a Champ: The best way to lengthen your glow is to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Keeping your skin hydrated allows you get a full five-six day tan lifespan.
Don't you want to try it?! Visit CocoaBrown.ie to check out the rest of their product line and purchase online to get results for yourself! Also follow them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to join the tanning conversation!
Linking up with: Walking in Memphis in High Heels | The Fashion Canvas | Mrs Savage Angel | Mama & More | Fizz & Frosting | Why I Do deClaire | Bless Her Heart Ya'll | The Modern Tulip | Dallas Style Blog | Rachel Emily Blog | Elegantly Dressed & Stylish | Myriad Musings | More Pieces of Me | On the Daily Express |